This is an official QAInsights Community policy which reflects the agreed upon conventions of the community.
These guidelines will be periodically reviewed and necessary changes will be done.
Last revised: Nov 25, 2019.
The goal for each question or discussion is to become the best resource for anyone looking for the answer.
Questions/Discussion should be sincere attempts to obtain reusable information
- Before you ask please use your favorite search engine
- The primary intention of a question should be to obtain information, not to argue a point or make a statement.
- Questions/Discussions should not be used to promote a business or service.
- Questions/Discussions should encourage answers with explanation and should be as open-ended as possible.
- Limited-choice questions are not allowed.
- Questions/Discussions should not narrow the users who are invited to respond, and should not be directed at specific user(s).
Questions should be clearly written
- Questions/Discussions in QAInsights Community require correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and capitalization, consist of complete sentence(s) and end in a question mark.
- Questions/Discussions should contain enough information to make clear how answers/responses can meet their expectations.
- Questions/Discussions should be concise, no longer than 2 sentences, and only one questions/discussion should be asked at a time.
- If your question has sub-questions, please try to explain in concise manner. Respect brevity.
Questions/Discussions should comply with QAInsights Community site policies
- Questions/Discussions about individuals that are hurtful, mean-spirited or likely to make the person uncomfortable aren't allowed.
- Post only your content
- Questions/Discussions that constitute harassment and have the potential to make the experience of using QAInsights Community unpleasant or uncomfortable for group(s) of users may be deleted.
- All content on QAInsights Community, including questions, should be written in English.
Questions/Discussions are viewed as community property
- Questions/Discussions may be deleted or reworded by admin(s) if they contravene policy.
- Questions/Discussions that ask the same thing will be merged into the question with the phrasing that is simplest and most commonly asked.
- Questions/Discussions are stronger if they are phrased neutrally, not containing assumptions or amplifying false information.
- Questions/Discussions must be related to respective group that you are posting.
- E.g. you should not ask a question about JMeter in LoadRunner community unless there is a relation
Topics should be used to help people who may be interested in the question find it
- Topics that are not directly relevant to the question, are overly broad, or are relevant only to certain answers should not be applied.
- Don’t start a topic in the wrong topic/group.
- Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics/groups.
- Don’t post no-content replies.
- Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
- Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.